May 18, 2009

Forbidden

Me. You. Us. You and me, me and you, it's some kind of "us".

Two different beings with two different worlds, different thoughts. In general, they're different. Their essence is kind of the same, yet they live their lives in a completely different way.

You sit in one side of the room surrounded by your friends, I sit in the other side surrounded by the people I feel comfortable with.

They're different.

I hear them talk, but I'm not listening. I look to a person, then to the other. There's a space between them where I can see you. I look, you stop looking.

They're curious for each other.

My eyes move around the room, even though I'm lost in my thoughts about you. You're doing the same. I noticed.

Their eyes cannot meet.

You leave, I stop being surrounded, you arrive and I read a book. I want to look at you, but I won't allow it.

They are scared of their feelings. Or so it seems.

Suddenly someone sits beside me. It's you.

This is where their worlds connect.

"What are you doing here?", I thought. "What are you reading?", he asked.

A sudden interest. However...

"Nothing special", I answered as I kept reading without taking my eyes from the book

He pretends not to care.

So you went away, to your friends. I haven't looked much, but I wish I could. From the fragments of time I moved my eyes away from the book I could tell you were still interested.

He was too.

So sorry...

Oliver Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment